Thursday, February 16, 2012

2nd Pair of Photoshop User Tutorials



For this assignment, I read two tutorials, one labeled Split Toning and the other called Instagram/Retro Effect. In the first project, I used a monochrome layer and then alternated the color balance on the shadows, midtones, and highlights. I am really happy with how it turned out. I think it looks really cool and I might put it in my next art show. The second one didn't turn out as I had hoped because the tutorial seemed to only work for the type of image that the lady used. This picture didn't really have the same colors to start as her image did. Next time, I would try to add more light to the second image. These two pictures are originals from my portfolio. I thought this was a fun assignment and I am so glad I know how to split tone now. 

2 comments:

  1. i really like the split tone ferris wheel, too. i want to use one of these recent works for the fashion sq mall show. do you have a preference? sorry i couldn't get to the art show/haiti benefit last friday. how did it go?
    peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both the ferris wheel and the jellyfish, either is fine with me. The show went really well! I sold five pieces. See you in class!

    ReplyDelete