Tuesday, May 1, 2012

First World vs. Third World Six Images





 For this assignment, I chose to compare the Haiti, a third world country, with America, a first world country. The first picture shows the difference in front doors. The second pair of pictures shows a front porch scene. The third set of pictures shows family transportation. These pictures make the disparity in wealth quite obvious. And yet, the kids in Haiti look just as happy as the ones in America. Having money doesn't make you happy. It makes life harder for them, but they don't know what they are missing in America. This fact made me really sad when I was in Haiti. They don't know all the blessings I have in my life. They've never seen a TV or gone to prom. Hopefully some day, there will be an more equal wealth distribution in this world. I was inspired by the kids in Haiti and the movie Hotel Rwanda. I am satisfied with this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment