Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Midterm


For this assignment, we were told to create a 7" X 5" grid with 1" squares. I used 24 pictures of my cousin Lindsay that I took over winter break. Some of the pictures are stretched into two blocks to make them look more scale appropriate. It also creates a sense of balance that looks nice. The other blocks are filled with the letters of her name and a heart. First I placed all the images in, then I went back and decided which tools I should use, if any, on each. For some, I didn't edit at all, while I used several techniques on others. My inspiration was from the pictures themselves. I thought this was a perfect way to tie the whole photoshoot together. I would have rather not used tools such as the gradient and threshold because I don't like how the result looks, but I can see how it is an essential Photoshop tool. I am satisfied with my work. Next time, I would plan the layout differently.  Overall, it was a fun and relaxing assignment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment