Thursday, November 10, 2011

Visual Puns

For this assignment, we tried to create our own visual puns. My first one is "hammertime," followed by "tap dance." The last two are not really just simple compound phrases or words. The third picture is supposed to be a criminal saying that he hates his jail sentence, but by saying "I hate this sentence," it has a double meaning with the grammatical sense of the word "sentence." The last picture is an alien who would normally say, "Take me to your leader," but instead he says "liter" because he is at a Coca-Cola bottling plant. I am satisfied with this work, especially the hammertime picture. I used techniques such as threshold, posterize, gradient map, and overlay in this assignment. Next time I would choose more simple puns for the last two. My inspirations came from various songs that use the word "hammertime," as well as from my grandfather, who is really good a making puns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment