Thursday, September 8, 2011

History Brush


In this assignment, I used the history brush feature to give some aspects of the photograph color, while selecting some parts to be black and white. First, I changed the whole picture to monochrome. Then I used the history brush and clicked on parts of the picture that I wanted to be in color. When given this assignment, I tried to think of places with colorful light. I immediately thought of Rockefeller Center at Christmas. I thought about how winter is often gray and dismal, but Christmas adds so much color and joy to the season. I also thought of the Beijjing Olympics Opening Ceremony because it was so colorful against a night sky. I am satisfied with my work, I love the contrast. Overall, I think this assignment was successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment